The history of the Re-Uzit Shop of New Holland, Inc dates back to April 1976. The stores are a part of a large network reaching across North America, totaling 116 shops in the US and Canada.
The Name Re-Uzit Shop was chosen and on June 10, 1976 a lease was signed to rent the former Rubinson’s Material and Sewing Center in New Holland. At one time, it had been Deller’s Five and Ten Cent store.
- August 2, 1976 – The Shop in downtown New Holland officially opened
- February 26, 1990 – Re-Uzit Shop of New Holland became incorporated
- 1990 – Bought the Von Gehr Jewelry Store Building in downtown New Holland which was beside the existing store
- March 26, 2000 – Rear Addition was added to store which almost doubled the size of the store
- 2010 – Goods furniture store went up for public auction and was not sold
- 2010 – Richard Good accepted an offer from us to buy the building
- November 13, 2010 – We said good-bye to the former location; last day it was open to the public
- November 22, 2010 – Store opens at our current location at 707 West Main Street, New Holland
- August 2011 – Settlement on the property next door for a new parking lot.
- April 2013 – Construction on new parking lot begins
- September 2013 – Parking Lot Construction completed