Our mission at the Re-Uzit Shop of New Holland is to serve the community in the name of Christ by reusing donated items to benefit people locally and globally.
As a non-profit thrift store, we are a part of the Thrift Shop Network and are dedicated to offering a friendly and caring presence in the community, volunteering our time and talents, receiving and reselling donated items, informing the churches and community of the Mennonite Central Committee (MCC) mission, and supporting the mission of MCC by generating income.
Volunteering at the Re-Uzit Shop of New Holland, Inc. helps in many ways.
- Helps build your resume
- Serving your Community
- Helping Generate Funds for Local Charities
- Helping the Overall Work of MCC
- Teach valuable buisness skills
- Cashiering - Work the registers and our POS system. Work closely with the retail managers to provide a pleasant shopping experience.
- Sorting - Work in the processing areas with our staff. Help sort through the donations on a regular basis by cleaning, pricing items and merchandising goods to the sales floor.
- Receiving - Work in the receiving area and donation dock. Help keep donations flowing and organized for processing. Also, helps pull sold furniture and place furniture on sales floor.
- Testing - Work in the processing area. Clean, fix and test electronic items for resale.
- Handyman - These are skilled volunteers that may contribute around the store by helping with building maintenance or fixing furniture.
- Greeting - Help direct customers around the store. Help answer or direct questions of customers on the sales floor to staff. Provide a pleasant shopping experience.
- Cleaning - Our store has 26,000 square feet of retail space. Help by keeping a tidy, clean and organized sales floor for everyone.
The Re-Uzit Shop of New Holland, Inc. is a great place to complete community service requirements. If you are interested in fulfilling your requirements with us, please fill out an application and turn it in to a manager at the store. Contact us with any questions or concerns.
- Fill out application
- Turn application in at the registers
- Meet with a manager to set up a schedule
*Must be at least 16 years of age, unless accompanied by an adult to volunteer.
Groups are Welcome!